Monday 9 August 2010

my last Host UK visit


As i told all of you before, my schedule after my final exam was really tight..
I tried to make myself busy and finding happiness in life!! =)

You guys know that i went for my host visit right? So, it was in Yorkshire..
I travel alone from Canterbury to Yorkshire..
I didn’t sleep all night baking New York Cheesecake as a gift for my host..
Actually, it was my first try baking that cake.. hihi..
Alhamdulillah the cake tastes really nice and my host likes it very muchhy!


Well.. i took a coach to London and went to Yorkshire by train..
When i arrived my destination, my host, Susan, picked me up and we headed to her canal boat, waiting for Dean, a guy who helps her to drive the boat, and we started moving up the hill!!

It was really a niceeeee experience on the boat, heading up the hill, and went through few locks..


The scenery was fantastic!! And the air was really fresh and of cause, refreshing!


However, i dropped Susan’s windler when i was helping her to open the lock.. huhu.. so, that was the last time i help her with the windler! Haha.. i felt bad but she forgave me..
I think she was upset because i dropped her windler into the water and never find it again.. huhu
SORRY!!

In the evening, we arrived at our destination.. the place is called Hebden Bridge, just a small nice town.. moving along with Susan was really relaxing as she was very flexible. She suggested me few options for our activities of whole trip.. =)



That night, she brought me to pubs!! Haha..
Don’t get me wrong guys.. going to a pub does not mean that i’m a bad girl..
Another new experience... =) it was not as bad as i thought or people think.. at pub, people just drink and get warm and chatting among themselves..


We went to 2 different pubs just to drink and chatting.. she had her beer while i just had Pepsi at the first bar and a bottle of juice at the second one..


People at the pub was surprising friendly and they accepted me, a girl who wears hijab, nicely.. =)


The next day, we hopped on a bus n went up the hill to a small town name Haworth.. along the way, it was a very countryside and my heart can’t stop praising Allah.. Subhanallah.. Allah creations are so big and wonderful..


When we arrived Haworth, it is a small town yet niceee... this is what we call REZEKI as another word for coincident.. you guys know what?? There was a church in the town where a wedding is going to take place!!


For so long, i watched English wedding on the television, that day i witnessed it by my own eyes!!!


People were nicely dressed up.. women with their dresses and men with their suit.. gorgeous and smart!!


Me?? I just wear t-shirt and jeans! Haha..


There’s no wrong to be in the church okey.. the wedding went fine and the bride was beautiful! And another coincident, the bride’s father is a Singaporean and she can even speak Malay!! One of her Singaporean friends attended her wedding and we had a little talk..

What a small world!! We spoke Malay.. as i was desperately want to have a picture with the bride and the groom, i manage to snap a picture with them as a ‘surprise guess’ of the wedding.. hehe..


They were in the middle of photo taking with a long list of family names but i just cut them down and have a picture with them.. hihi..


Susan says “you naughty!” hehe.. =P


We headed back with heart full of joy and enjoy the scenery again! (^___^)


That night, we filled our night by having a movie, ‘ROBIN HOOD’.. it was great..


After spending 2 nights of great time in Hebden Bridge, we headed back to where we started our journey, Sowerby Bridge..


On our journey, we met a group of elderly who were having a morning walk.. =) they were nice and friendly and helpful..

As soon as we arrived, the heavy rain started to pour and there’s nothing much we could do.. we just had our dinner at a pub where i had my salmon steak with juice and i boarded on train leaving the most memorable host programme experience.. (^__^)


i would like to recap what Susan said that i couldn’t agree more with her.. she said, some experience is enough to just experience it once.. not twice.. yes,.. its true indeed! Its enough for me to just experience being on the canal boat just once.. it was so much very ever memorable! Hehe..

THE END OF HOST UK PROGRAME 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment